Have you tried those probiotic drinks from your local grocers? Probiotic drinks are all the rage right now and rightfully so, they are full of immune boosting and gut healthy bacteria. PLUS they are delicious! It's hard for me to not grab one when I'm out. What I don't like however is their hefty price tag...at about $3.99 each this little drink is expensive! Today, I wanted to share with you a super simple recipe to make your own probiotic drink at home for a fraction of the cost.
First, I'll explain why probiotics are so healthy for us. Probiotics are 'good bacteria' which helps to balance out the 'bad bacteria'. When the bacteria in our body is balanced we can function like we should. If it's out of whack, you can have a multitude of issues.
Probiotics help to:
- Relieve Irritable bowel syndrome
- Relieve Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Boost immune system
- Reduce anxiety, depression
- Improve skin conditions, like eczema
- Help urinary and vaginal health
When your gut bacteria is balanced, your body can easily pass foods through the digestive system. This is so important because our digestive system affects more than just digestion, it plays a huge role in our immune systems as well as depression and anxiety. So, make sure to take your probiotics often and use this recipe to change up the routine!
Simple Probiotic Drink Recipe
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ Tablespoon raw honey, maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice (choose 1)
- 1-2 probiotic capsules, start with 1 if you're not used to taking probiotics (separated to use only the powdered probiotic--discard the casing)
- 18 ounces cold water
- In a small mixing bowl, combine water, lemon juice, ginger, sweetener, and probiotic capsule (separated to use only the powdered probiotic--discard the casing).
- Whisk together until incorporated.
- Enjoy chilled!
Give this healthy drink a try and let me know what you think by commenting below! <3 And remember if you love it, share the recipe!
With Health and Happiness,