Happy Tasty Thursday! If you haven't heard yet, my dream of owning a Vitamix came true last week! I have been dreaming of one for years getting by with a Ninja until I finally ordered a Vitamix and received my precious blender last week. It was like CHRISTMAS when the UPS man came! I've literally been making smoothies non-stop since! HA! Today I'm sharing one I've been loving a lot lately "Neapolitan Smoothie". I make a big batch in the morning and we all have it with our breakfast before we start the day.
My smoothies consist of a good amount of veggie + fruit + a superfood + liquid (usually almond milk). This is the perfect amount of health and taste for me and my family. But, as always feel free to play around with ingredients!
Neapolitan Smoothie Recipe
Makes 3-4 servings
- 3 ripe bananas (peeled)
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup packed spinach (fresh)
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons raw goji berries
- 1-2 cups vanilla almond milk (choose more or less for a thicker or thinner smoothie)
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender and blend until smooth. (I freeze my fruits to make it a colder, thicker smoothie but fresh is perfect too!)
I love this smoothie because it reminds of Neapolitan ice cream, and who wouldn't love ice cream for breakfast?! Using spinach makes it a great brain booster in the morning. This is definitely a kid friendly smoothie because the berry and chocolate flavor mask the spinach (which has no taste at all in this). So, they are having a serving of veggies for breakfast. How awesome is that?! Let me know what you think by commenting below <3
With Health and Happiness,