Green Smoothie Recipe!
One of my favorite things--GREEN SMOOTHIES! They are so versatile, easy, nutrient packed, and tasty. I make a big batch everyday for my boys and I to share with our lunch. Yes, the kids love them too, especially with fun straws :)
Our latest favorite is one I call "Tropical Green". This will serve 1-3 people.
"Tropical Green Smoothie" recipe:
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach (or any green leafy lettuce)
- 3/4 cup pineapple
- 3 bananas (the riper the better)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 almond milk
- 4 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth. Enjoy!
This smoothie is a powerhouse for your well-being and here's why:
- The spinach packs a nutrient punch with 1 cup, you will get your daily requirement of vitamin K and vitamin A. It's also a great source of more than 20 different nutrients including fiber, calcium, and protein.
- Pineapples contain bromelain which is an enzyme that can reduce inflammation. They are also a good source of vitamin C which helps your immune system by fighting off free radicals.
- One banana contains 400 mg of potassium, which is a necessary nutrient for good nerve and muscle function as well as for maintaining a balance of fluid in the body. Bananas also provide a significant amount of manganese with is key for bone health and metabolism.
- Coconut water is extremely hydrating due to it's high amount of electrolytes supplying the body with potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium, and phosphorus. This also makes it a great drink for the skin because the electrolytes balance the fluid in the body allowing the skin to stay hydrated while the antioxidants fight the free radicals that cause aging.
- Almond milk is a great alternative to dairy milk for a smoothie. It contains no saturated fat or cholesterol like dairy milk and is usually fortified with more calcium and other essential nutrients.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think!
With Health and Happiness,