Quick and EASY Pizza!
Happy Mushroom Monday!
Summer is over and school is back in session! That means super busy weeknights. Busy weeknights mean you need a dinner that is quick and easy. Quick and easy don’t always mean healthy, but over the next few weeks I’m going to show you some really easy meals that come together quickly and will please your whole family! This week’s recipe is a delicious mushroom pizza! This pizza comes together in under 20 minutes, including prep -- it doesn’t get any faster than that!
There are many different topping options that you can change out to accommodate everyone at the table. Today, I’ll show you one one of my absolutely favorite pizza toppings. This recipe is a blend of mushroom and TVP. It's such a great blend of flavor that compliments the pizza perfectly! TVP is textured vegetable protein or soy. TVP takes on whatever flavor you add to it. (This can be substituted with more mushrooms if there is a soy allergy.)
Although this pizza comes together quickly, you won't sacrifice your healthy eating because it’s full of good nutrients. The mushrooms and TVP give the dish a boost of protein and iron while the whole wheat tortillas add in the fiber and the bell peppers add vitamin C. This meal will feel complete and keep you satisfied! Let’s get started!
Quick and EASY Pizza!
- 1/2 TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups white button mushrooms (cleaned and diced)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (all natural)
- 2-3 bell peppers (sliced into desired thickness and shape)
- 1/2 cup pre-made non-dairy shredded cheese
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- In a medium sized bowl, combine water, soy sauce, liquid smoke, black pepper, and TVP. Stir to combine and microwave for 30 seconds or until all liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add mushrooms and cook for 5-8 minutes or until soft. Add TVP to cooked mushrooms and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- On a large non-stick baking sheet lay the tortillas flat (make sure not to overlap). Layer each with marinara then the mushroom TVP mixture. Add a little cheese and top with the sliced bell peppers.
- Bake prepared pizzas in the oven for 5 minutes or until tortillas crisp on the edges. Be sure to watch them carefully, they cook quickly!
- Cut into slices and serve warm.
This recipe is so quick and delicious, you’ll want to add it to your weekly meal rotation! Let me know what you think by commenting below! <3
With Health and Happiness,