Happy Mushroom Monday!
Summer is in full swing! With the bright sunshine and temps close to 100 degrees each day, Texas Summers are no joke! This type of weather does NOT get me eager to turn on the stove or oven. This is the time of year I like to utilize low-heat or no-heat recipes. I’m going to share with you one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make--seriously!
This week’s recipe is a veggie FULL wrap with a delicious creamy garlic tahini dressing. Tahini is a delicious sesame seed paste that is commonly in hummus dips, but there are so many more uses for it! Tahini makes a great healthy and delicious base for dressings. Tahini is high in vitamin E, rich in calcium, and is a great source of protein.
With this recipe, I have loaded the wrap with tons of baby lettuce, baby kale, broccoli and carrot slaw, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms. But, the beauty of this recipe is that it will work with almost any veggie you have on hand! Try adding thinly sliced red onion, sprouts, spinach, cabbage, fresh tomatoes, tofu, or peppers!
This recipe is so simple yet satisfying for lunch or dinner! I know that you’ll love the versatility of this wrap. You can literally throw whatever veggies you have on hand and customize it to you and your family’s tastes.
Let’s get started!
Veggie Wrap with a Tahini Dressing
Makes 4 large wraps
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (cleaned and thinly sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli and carrot slaw (shredded broccoli and carrot)
- 3 cups baby lettuce and kale blend
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 4 large tortillas (your choice of spinach, whole wheat, or your favorite flavor)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and black pepper. Mix to coat the mushrooms and then set aside.
- For the dressing whisk together tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Place 1 large wrap on a cutting board. Add a handful of lettuce, broccoli slaw, marinated mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Tightly wrap the ingredients together and cut in half. Use a toothpick to hold wraps together.
I can’t wait for you to try out this simple wrap recipe! What are some of your favorite go-to dishes for a quick lunch or dinner? Comment below to share your faves! <3
With Health and Happiness,