Happy Mushroom Monday!
Today’s recipe is a fresh dish with lots of raw veggies and it’s perfect for Summer! This dish features a tahini dressing that is so delicious yet healthy, you’ll want to make this a staple in your house. Tahini is a subtle nutty spread that compliments dishes perfectly. If you haven’t tried tahini you are missing out! Today’s recipe is the perfect introduction to tahini!
Tahini is sesame seed paste and may be most well known as an ingredient in hummus. But, this ingredient is so versatile it has so many more uses! Tahini is great as a salad dressing with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and garlic. It’s also delicious alone as vegetable dip and of course with chickpeas to make hummus. I’ve even seen recipes using tahini in sweet dessert dishes too.
Tahini is not only delicious and versatile but it’s so healthy too!
Reasons to use and love tahini:
- Tahini is rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- It's a good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification. An
- It’s a great source of calcium.
- It’s high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- It has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts.
- It's easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is great for assisting in weight loss.
- It is high in unsaturated fat (good fat!)
The veggies in this recipe are raw keeping the nutritional content intact and because there isn’t a lot of cooking time this recipe comes together in a snap! I know you’ll love this one, let’s get started!
Tahini Thai Noodle and Veggie Bowl
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar
- 16 ounces whole wheat linguine OR brown rice noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cups white button mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce, water, crushed garlic, ginger, and sugar. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, shred broccoli in a food processor using the shredding blade OR use a large holed cheese grater. Set aside.
- Shred carrots like the broccoli. Set aside.
- Toss the cooked and drained pasta with the tahini sauce. Plate pasta and sauce. Add the shredded broccoli, carrots, and sliced mushrooms. Top with chopped peanuts.
I hope you enjoy this fresh noodle and veggie bowl as much as we did! It's the perfect dinner for a quick and healthy meal during the Summer! Comment below and let me know what you think <3
With Health and Happiness,