Happy Mushroom Monday!
This week's recipe makes a delicious side dish to your favorite Asian meal or as a healthy appetizer! You'll love the versatility of this recipe and how quickly these delicious spring rolls come together. Impress all your friends with this restaurant quality appetizer at your next party!
I absolutely love Asian cuisine! Between the array of veggies and delicious light sauces, you really can’t go wrong when you’re trying to eat healthier. One of my favorite items to get off the menu are spring rolls. They are so fresh and simple but oh so delicious! Although I love them, I’ve never attempted to make them at home. They seemed fancy and way beyond my skill and patience level. ;)
Until I actually tried making them that is. These rolls are actually really easy to make and they require little knowledge or patience! PERFECT! What I love about spring rolls is there are endless possibilities! You can literally use whatever veggies you have on hand. You can use raw veggies like I’ve done today or you can saute them slightly.
Other add-in options:
Variety of mushrooms
This recipe is fresh, healthy, and absolutely delicious! I’ve balanced out the fresh veggies with a slightly tangy peanut sauce. The texture and flavor combination is perfect. A plum sauce or just plain soy sauce would also be delicious! Get creative and experiment, you’ll be so happy you tried this recipe!
Let's get started!
Veggie Spring Rolls with Tangy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Makes 8 rolls
Veggie Spring Rolls Ingredients:
- 8 ounces baby bella mushroom (cleaned and julienne sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ cups coleslaw mix (purple and green cabbage with carrot)
- 8 sheets of rice paper (spring roll wraps)
Tangy Peanut Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- In a shallow dish combine 2 Tablespoons soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Add in julienne sliced mushrooms. Coat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl of water. Place spring roll wraps in water covering entire wrap with water for 4-5 seconds. You want to moisten the wraps not soak them. (The wraps will be slightly firm still and will absorb the water as they sit to become pliable and sticky.) Place wet wraps on a non-stick surface, I used a ceramic plate.
- Place one-eighth of the coleslaw and one-eighth mushroom mixture on the edge of the wrap leaving about a 1 inch from the edge.
- Tuck the 1 inch edge over the top of the veggies, making sure to pull tight and roll the wrapper over the veggies.
- Roll one rotation then fold in the sides to close the ends.
- Roll over the closed sides until complete.
- Repeat this for each wrap. Set aside in the refrigerator for up to 5 hours.
- For the sauce, whisk together peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and chili sauce.
- To serve, place chilled spring rolls on a dish with a side of the dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Remember to change up the filling and try different dipping sauces to accommodate you and your family's taste buds! Comment below and let me know what you think and what you tried it with! <3
With Health and Happiness,