Happy Mushroom Monday!
Soup and chili weather is here! My absolutely favorite time of the year! I love sweaters, boots, cooler weather, and soup on a cool Fall night. Chili is a staple for our family this time of year. It’s such a versatile recipe, you can really add in til your heart's content!
The crockpot makes this a fuss free and easy dish for any day of the week. I love crockpots! There’s nothing like having your dinner cook itself with little to no work on your part. Great for busy weeknights or for taking to your next potluck, this crockpot chili recipe will a hit!
Optional add ins that would be healthy and delicious (adjusting the cooking times may be necessary for some of the heartier vegetables):
Diced sweet potato
Diced butternut squash
Diced green or red bell peppers
Cauliflower florets (cut into small bite sized pieces)
Substitute any of your favorite beans for what I have listed
I love having options to mix it up, this helps to please every family member! Plus, you can make this dish more often and no one will get tired of it! ;) Take your favorite add ins, grab your crockpot, and let’s get started on this easy Fall dish!
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (cleaned and diced)
- 1 medium red onion (diced)
- 15 oz can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large crockpot, add diced onion and mushrooms. Set to high and let cook for 20 minutes or until soft.
- To softened vegetables, add beans, tomatoes, broth, and seasoning. Cover and let simmer over medium setting heat for 2-3 hours or until throughly warmed throughout.
- Serve warm with crackers or cornbread!
Healthy comfort food on a cool Fall night! I hope you enjoy this meal. Let me know what you think by commenting below, I love to hear from you <3
With Health and Happiness,