Happy Mushroom Monday!
This week's mushroom recipe for National Mushroom Month is super versatile! I served this with a herbed wild rice, but it would be great with simple pasta, olive oil, and sea salt. Or serve it with out a side and it's a super impressive appetizer at your next party!
The key to this recipe is quality mushrooms because they are the star of the show! Try to get fresh local mushrooms you'll definitely see a difference in taste here! Luckily I have access to fresh and delicious Kitchen Pride Mushroom Farm mushrooms I pick up at the local farmer's market.
Lane popping off the stems of the mushrooms for this recipe. A few stems went flying, but that makes cooking fun right?! HA!
Avocado Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms and Wild Rice Recipe
Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients:
- 2 ripe avocado (removed from skin and de-seeded)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms (cleaned and de-stemmed)
- Preheat oven to 425 ℉.
- On a non-stick baking pan, place de-stemmed mushrooms stem side down. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip mushrooms stem side up and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until mushrooms are fork tender.
- In a food processor, combine avocado, lemon juice, basil, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Using a small spoon, fill cooked mushrooms with avocado pesto.
- Preheat broiler to medium-high.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on non-stick baking pan. Put mushrooms under broiler for 5-10 minutes or until pesto is warmed.
Herbed Wild Rice Ingredients:
- 2 cups wild rice blend
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried chive
- While mushrooms are cooking, in a large pot combine rice, broth, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, and chive.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes over medium high heat or until liquid is absorbed. Stirring often.
- Place herbed wild rice on plate and serve stuffed mushrooms on top.
Another delicious and healthy way to use mushrooms! This recipe is full of healthy fats from the avocado, antioxidants from the mushrooms, and tons of anti-inflammatory benefits from the basil. This recipe has tons of flavor and is super filling with the fiber from the wild rice. I hope you enjoy this versatile meal! If you try it out, I'd love to hear what you think. Comment below to let me know! <3
With Health and Happiness,