Mushroom Bacon and Artichoke Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
Happy Mushroom Monday! Today’s post is all about PIZZA! I’m not sure about you, but my family LOVES pizza! There hasn’t been a pizza that we haven’t liked. To be honest, we could eat pizza everyday (we don’t, be we could)! I know what you’re thinking, wait aren’t you a health expert?! How can you eat pizza so much?
Pizza night at my house now is a little different than what it was 5 or 6 years ago. It used to be a frozen pizza out of the box. Heavy on the meat and heavy on the cheese. No need for any veggies to waste precious space for more meat and cheese. Does this sound similar to your house? I remember how convenient it was to grab a frozen pizza and heat it in the oven, but don’t worry I promise you this recipe isn’t hard at all. In fact, it took me less time to make this then a frozen pizza would take to cook! And, it’s so healthy for you! That’s how we are able to eat pizza often. It has to be veggie heavy, full of healthy fats, and delicious. I’ll definitely be sharing more of my pizza recipes in the future, but let’s start with this a mediterranean inspired pizza!
This “Mushroom Bacon and Artichoke Mediterranean Pizza” is so delicious! I couldn’t get enough of this flavor combination. I’m using the always fresh and always delicious Kitchen Pride Mushrooms for this dish. When I boast each week about this company, it's not an understatement. Their mushrooms are so above the quality and freshness I’ve ever had with other brands. Really that is key when working with mushrooms--you have to have fresh good quality mushrooms. You wouldn’t believe the difference that makes!
So let's get started!
Mushroom Bacon and Artichoke Mediterranean Pizza
- (1) 14 ounce can of quartered artichokes
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 ½ cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- ¾ cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (cleaned and thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup natural soy sauce or tamari
- (1) package of whole wheat pizza dough or use your own favorite recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 ℉.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat add onion and olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- To cooked onions, add artichokes, chopped spinach, and black pepper. Cook until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and sea salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl coat sliced mushrooms with soy sauce. Set aside.
- On a heated pizza stone or greased pizza pan spread dough, add tahini sauce, then layer with onion, artichoke, and spinach mixture.
- Bake pizza for 10-14 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- While pizza is baking add mushrooms to a non-stick baking pan and bake for 5-8 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside. (I bake them the same time as the pizza to save time).
- Remove cooked pizza from oven and add crispy mushroom bacon to the top. Slice and enjoy!
You will LOVE the combination of this pizza with the savory mushrooms, tangy veggies, and creamy garlic sauce it’s a match made in Heaven! Try it out and let me know what you think by commenting below, I love hearing from you <3
With Health and Happiness,