Happy Mushroom Monday!
In the past I have made a few different egg-less egg recipes and have loved them! But, this week I’m using a product that is as close to the real thing as I’ve ever seen. It’s a new product from Follow Your Heart--the VeganEgg and it’s amazing! I’m completely in love.
There are a few egg replacers and egg replacer recipes out there but this is the first product that is so versatile you can use it any way you use eggs. I mean ANY WAY! This is a completely vegan, gluten free, nonGMO, soy free, cholesterol free, and kosher egg that tastes and acts just like traditional eggs. Use it in baked recipes, scrambled, or my favorite as a frittata like I have in this recipe.
To be honest, I was very skeptical at first. I really didn’t think it could actually act like an egg. And, the price tag does seem a little on the high end, but now that I know we can get a good 2 full meals for my hungry bunch it’s definitely worth it. But, this is truly an amazing product, I’m so happy to have found it and to share this with you! Finally you can enjoy eggs without a negative impact on your health or the environment.
To this frittata, I added my favorite staple--mushrooms! Because, what is a frittata without mushrooms?! In this recipe, asparagus perfectly roasts and is a delicious compliment to this dish. As always, feel free to add in or substitute you and your family’s favorite veggies.
Let’s get started!
Egg-less Vegetable Frittata
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1 cup white button mushrooms (cleaned and thinly sliced, reserving a few for the top)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- 8 Tablespoons VeganEgg
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 fresh asparagus stalks (bottom removed)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In an oven safe skillet (I used a cast iron skillet), add oil and heat over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook for 8-10 minutes or until soft and starting to caramelize.
- When onions are cooked, turn off heat and add chopped spinach and mushroom slices (make sure to save a few for adding on the top!). Stir to incorporate all the veggies together and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together cold water and dry VeganEgg. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour mixed VeganEgg over onions, spinach, and mushrooms. Stir gently until all the veggies and VeganEgg are incorporated.
- Arrange slices of mushroom, tomato, and asparagus on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until set.
- Broil for an additional 5 minutes or until edges crisp.
- Let sit for 10 minutes for the frittata to set. Cut into slices and serve warm.
I can't wait for you to try this product! It's so versatile and will be a blessing for those of us that stay away from eggs in our diet. Comment below and let me know what you think! <3
With Health and Happiness,