Happy Mushroom Monday!
I’ve used Follow Your Heart “Vegan Egg” before in a frittata, but what’s better than a personal easy to serve and take with you mini-omelet? Follow Your Heart has an amazing egg-less egg and it’s as close to the real deal as you can get! You can literally make these ANY way you would conventional eggs. This week, I’m going to show you how to make mini-omelets that you’ll be able enjoy for breakfast or a fun breakfast for dinner meal.
There were many reasons I became vegetarian almost 5 years ago, one of them being to save the planet. I’m not going to go into all the details, but one thing is for sure going vegetarian helps environment so much. You don’t have to be a complete vegan or even vegetarian to help out our planet, going animal free even one day a week will make an impact! The production of one conventional egg uses 52 gallons of water. 100 Follow Your Heart “Vegan Eggs” can be made with the same amount of water as one conventional egg. Isn’t that amazing?! Just a simple change, even if you only swap once a week, can make a difference. Plus, these vegan eggs are egg free, allergen free, gluten free, kosher, and cholesterol free.
Now, let me show you a fun and delicious way to make these awesome eggs, let’s get started!
Egg-less Mini Omelets
- 8 ounces baby bella (cleaned and diced)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 12 Tablespoons vegan egg
- 3 cups ice cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Coat to combine diced mushrooms with soy sauce and liquid smoke. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While mushrooms are baking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and oil. Sauté for 10 minutes. Add in diced peppers and sauté for an additional 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together vegan eggs and ice water until smooth. Add in salt, black pepper, and cooked onions and peppers. Stir to combine.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, measure out omelet mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes or until tops are golden. Remove from pan and dress with cooked mushrooms. Serve warm.
Whether you’re going to enjoy these mini-omelets for breakfast or for dinner, you’ll please the entire family (and the planet!) Let me know what you think by commenting below, I love to hear from you <3
With Health and Happiness,