Happy Tasty Thursday!
I love overnight oats, they are so simple to put together and save a ton of time for busy mornings! I've tried them many different ways, but this has to be one of my favorites. The spices make this feel like a delicious Winter treat, yet the ingredients are SO healthy. Chia seeds are a great source of Omega-3s, fiber, protein, calcium, and antioxidants. Chia seeds can also help lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
My boys gobbled this down quickly, so it's definitely kid approved! A quick way to be prepared for crazy mornings is to mix the ingredients in a mason jar for each family member. When you wake up, add the apples and you have the perfect breakfast!
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon raw agave nectar (or raw honey)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of allspice
- 1 apple (sliced)
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, milk, chia seeds, agave, cinnamon, almond extract, salt, and allspice. Whisk to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Once refrigerated, stir and add sliced apples right before eating.
I hope this helps make your mornings less hectic and more healthy! Let me know what you think, comment below I'd love to hear from you! <3
With Health and Happiness,